Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Important] Corruption and Revolution

4 posters

:: Other :: General talk

Go down

[Important] Corruption and Revolution Empty [Important] Corruption and Revolution

Post  Megahumu Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 pm

This will be a long-ish post, so bear with me.

Recently (actually, all the time) I've noticed some really, really bad leadership quality control. Most (and I'm not going to name) admins are monumentally stupid or inexperienced, with maybe one or two who actually have the ability to lead a group of people and keep the server running as intended. In the past, I have argued with some of the less bright admins over pointless rules and banning/suspending without good reason (hell, such as arguing with admins). It seems to me that the current leaders have a very dictator-like attitude ("Admins are always right, don't argue with us"), and this has to change. The excuse that it's their server and they can do whatever they want is simply not enough (this is tyranny at its heart).
What you need with your admins is quality, not quantity. If there were, say, three admins on the quality level (and INTELLIGENCE, might I add) of Roflmaoshizmp (by far the best admin on the server, and I'm not just saying that to suck up to him), as opposed to the idiots there are now, this server would be much better off.

Another point I want to touch on is promotions. Some great builders with excellent leadership skills are simply overlooked in favour of someone who has access to a credit card. Once again, I'm not going to name, but I have learned that one particular admin has that position just because they donated a decent amount of money towards the server. This, to put it bluntly, is bribery. Donators should not get the privilege of such seats of power just because they donated.
People are getting promoted for stupid reasons as well. One particular member, despite his constant bitching and incompetence, managed to get to the rank of semi-admin. What?!
You need to recognise which people deserve promotion and which do not (something you're clearly not very good at). Once again, quality over quantity comes into mind. Some people have gotten promoted because they have made lots of things on the server. This is absolutely fine. The problem is, most of it is shit. To own a successful server, one needs high standards. If something is terrible, get rid of it.

Yes, you have 11 YEAR OLD SEMI-ADMINS. SERIOUSLY?!
WHY?!

What must happen is this: a mass-purge of the existing leadership. Re-evaluate (and by re-evaluate I mean BLOW THEM THROUGH THE ROOF YOU FOOL) your standards and examine the capabilities of your subordinates, then demote them if needed (which will be needed, for sure). No 'puppy eyes' or bribery. Eliminate those who attempt to keep their positions like that; they are the weakest scum imaginable. If someone stays in power, they need a pretty damn good reason for it.
I do not care if you think "It's not nice". Sympathy is all that holds you back from purity.

That said, I will no longer be involved in your broken community until this changes. I encourage the rest to do the same.

Lots of Love,
Audi
Megahumu
Megahumu

Back to top Go down

[Important] Corruption and Revolution Empty Re: [Important] Corruption and Revolution

Post  Amonitas8475 Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:41 pm

I completely agreee. We have restarted the server. I have demoted people and left only some. Some of them are still dumbs and I am considering demoting them soon. Also if you were referring to hazywoe becoming semi-admin. Yeah hes builder now. Also there was not a single admin who got their position because of a credit card. 3 people donated and they are either a veteran builder or a donator. Thank you for the time to write this post hopfeully you can tell me names because i want to know.
Amonitas8475
Amonitas8475
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[Important] Corruption and Revolution Empty Re: [Important] Corruption and Revolution

Post  HazyWoe Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 am

One name shall be me... It's pretty hard trying to not get provoked by 2 people at the same time, espiecally when builders MUST give respect aswell. I've heard Rofl can't nessersarily keep his temper... Neutral I'd wish you'd understand that...
HazyWoe
HazyWoe

Back to top Go down

Post  HazyWoe Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 am

Megahumu wrote:This will be a long-ish post, so bear with me.

Recently (actually, all the time) I've noticed some really, really bad leadership quality control. Most (and I'm not going to name) admins are monumentally stupid or inexperienced, with maybe one or two who actually have the ability to lead a group of people and keep the server running as intended. In the past, I have argued with some of the less bright admins over pointless rules and banning/suspending without good reason (hell, such as arguing with admins). It seems to me that the current leaders have a very dictator-like attitude ("Admins are always right, don't argue with us"), and this has to change. The excuse that it's their server and they can do whatever they want is simply not enough (this is tyranny at its heart).
What you need with your admins is quality, not quantity. If there were, say, three admins on the quality level (and INTELLIGENCE, might I add) of Roflmaoshizmp (by far the best admin on the server, and I'm not just saying that to suck up to him), as opposed to the idiots there are now, this server would be much better off.

Another point I want to touch on is promotions. Some great builders with excellent leadership skills are simply overlooked in favour of someone who has access to a credit card. Once again, I'm not going to name, but I have learned that one particular admin has that position just because they donated a decent amount of money towards the server. This, to put it bluntly, is bribery. Donators should not get the privilege of such seats of power just because they donated.
People are getting promoted for stupid reasons as well.

One particular member, despite his constant bitching and incompetence, managed to get to the rank of semi-admin. What?!You need to recognise which people deserve promotion and which do not (something you're clearly not very good at). Once again, quality over quantity comes into mind. Some people have gotten promoted because they have made lots of things on the server. This is absolutely fine. The problem is, most of it is shit. To own a successful server, one needs high standards. If something is terrible, get rid of it.

Yes, you have 11 YEAR OLD SEMI-ADMINS. SERIOUSLY?!
WHY?!

What must happen is this: a mass-purge of the existing leadership. Re-evaluate (and by re-evaluate I mean BLOW THEM THROUGH THE ROOF YOU FOOL) your standards and examine the capabilities of your subordinates, then demote them if needed (which will be needed, for sure). No 'puppy eyes' or bribery. Eliminate those who attempt to keep their positions like that; they are the weakest scum imaginable. If someone stays in power, they need a pretty damn good reason for it.
I do not care if you think "It's not nice". Sympathy is all that holds you back from purity.

That said, I will no longer be involved in your broken community until this changes. I encourage the rest to do the same.

Lots of Love,
Audi

HEY!!!
HazyWoe
HazyWoe

Back to top Go down

Post  HazyWoe Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 am

I had a reason for semi:

Built games/hangouts for others.

Built statues in admiration.

Help build the spawn.

Yes, I know... calmed somebody down.

Helped clear up a grief.

Helped advertise the server...

Read all things I need to know...

Survived most annoying twits...

Gave lots of infomation (varies)

Been on the server for quite a while now.

Built and gave option to a fully-functional sercurity house...

and many more...
HazyWoe
HazyWoe

Back to top Go down

Post  major_marc52 Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25 pm

HazyWoe wrote:I had a reason for semi:

Built games/hangouts for others.

Built statues in admiration.

Help build the spawn.

Yes, I know... calmed somebody down.

Helped clear up a grief.

Helped advertise the server...

Read all things I need to know...

Survived most annoying twits...

Gave lots of infomation (varies)

Been on the server for quite a while now.

Built and gave option to a fully-functional sercurity house...

and many more...

With all do respect every single point that you mention could give you Mod. Not semi. Even if you have been on the server for quite some time now. I'm not saying this because I'm not semi, but a mod, I'm saying this because you're trying to show (impress) what you've done when this is mostly asking for it rather than waiting to earn it.

Thanks
Marc

major_marc52

Back to top Go down

Post  Megahumu Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Hazy, if you want to point something out, just quote the section instead of the entire damn post.

As Marc said, that's not enough to justify adminstration. With that title you need some basic skills for the upkeep of the server (such as coding or understanding how servers work).

Amon, Rofl told me The only reason you kept Sillysammy (or Soso, I can't remember) was because they donated a lot.
Megahumu
Megahumu

Back to top Go down

Post  Amonitas8475 Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 pm

well she didnt. Shes admin because she was already on my private server a long time ago
Amonitas8475
Amonitas8475
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HazyWoe Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:50 am

All of that was true... All I gave respect with... Because Amon's the owner, he only hears the serious matters, like the time when people make me angry, and don't say I'm lying.

Example 1:

*I got semi for the first time*

Hazy: Very Happy

Zhu: **** YOU. (Because I was really happy)

Hazy: ...

Hazy: Why did you just swear at me... please stop... I'm not loosing this now.

Zhu: ***** YOU.

*Sammy Demoted Me*

Example 2:

*Became Mod after being demoted to builder*

Hazy: Oh thank god, I got mod atleast =D

Cyper: Well I still own you.

Hazy: No... you don't...

Cyper: ROFL SAID I DID SO I DID.

Hazy: No you didn't...

Cyper: Stop harrassing me, you're breaking the rules.

*Continues saying that until I got banned and demoted by Amonitas*
HazyWoe
HazyWoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Other :: General talk

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum